Sunday, April 4, 2010

~Kelantan Delicacies

I get to have a taste of all these food during my stay at my hometown-kota bharu last few days...I went back with my cousin as I have not been going back since CNY..miss my mum and dad soo much...Besides that, we also went for "Qing Ming" as well...
All of us really miss the food sooooo much....normally we will have all these "Nasi" for breakfast as I think this is Kelantanese's lifestyle....some maybe will not get use to have such a heavy breakfast but we are use to it..hehe...whenever I take a look again at all those pic...really makes my mouth-watering...~yummy~
Below is a snap of Herbal Green Rice.......It is also known as 'Kow Jam'(in hokkien).....I wont miss the chance to have it whenever I go back to kb......
Nasi Lauk with Curry Chicken.........
Nasi Dagang with Curry Chicken............
Ayam Percik.................
"Kiam Kuih"....combination of salty egg and prawns....However, I prefer my mum's ownmade 'kiam kuih' the most....
Onde-onde...my cousin's favourite.............
Beef Noodle.....It taste good...with the chili powder and stewed beef.....*nyam*
Mum's ownmade spicy and sour fish soup.....actually i forgot the actual name for this dish...and i think mostly only Kelantanese will know this dish~
A photo with my cousinsss.......(too bad Sis miss the chance for this small small cousin's gathering)

5 comments:

  1. Ai yo... u make my mouth water only.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai ya.... that one is "Asam hui" looor.... eat until u forget, how come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...jipek...yea...it should be 'asam hu'..my brain really cant twist out the word when i posted my blog...haha...keep thinking its sour and spicy only..thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw the "Asam Hu" also used to be your Ahma's favourite. She used to peel the fish and sipped it in "Cabai Burung" / "Bird Chilly" and "Tau eu" (Bean soya saice) for me as I was to lazy to do it myself. O la la..... it is very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete